Refining NZ is committed to 
delivering for our many stakeholders

We strive to achieve economic success for our customers and shareholders in a competitive global market

We are the country’s leading supplier of refined petroleum products supplying around 70% of the domestic market.  The other 30% of New Zealand’s demand for fuel products is met by imports from refineries in the Asia Pacific region.

We are a critical piece of energy infrastructure and a significant contributor to the Northland economy. At the same time, we operate in one of the toughest regional markets in the world competing with Asia Pacific refiners many times larger than Marsden Point that offer direct imports to our customers.

We keep a close eye on emerging opportunities for diversification as the energy industry evolves to meet the need to decarbonise. While we continue to improve our energy use and reduce our carbon footprint we see opportunity to produce biofuels, to meet the future needs of long-haul trucking and aviation.