Crude Shipping Project
Our proposal to bring bigger cargoes of crude into Marsden Point will reduce freight costs and improve the refinery’s ability to compete with imported fuels.
- This proposal would require dredging (mostly outside the harbour) and straightening of the shipping channel to enable cargoes of around one million barrels to come to Marsden Point.
- A series of detailed environmental and other studies have been carried out to determine the impact of the proposal.
- Consultation with Tangata Whenua and key stakeholders has been carried out since 2014 including two rounds of public consultation.
- Resource consents were recently granted by a panel of independent commissioners appointed by the Northland Regional Council.
- More information is available on our crude shipping web pages deeperstory.co.nz